It's that time of the year again. Every birthday I have always prompts me to re-evaluate my life and where I am on the journey. Some years I feel better about things than others. This year, I can only characterize my general attitude as ambivalent. So, in an effort to better ascertain my true feelings, I'm compiling a list.
Things I've done thus far that I'm happy about:
1. Had three (usually) great children
2. Earned two undergraduate degrees
3. Earned (almost--and I will finish this year) my Master's
4. Been half of a productive and positive marriage
5. Had a number of fun adventures
6. Have a job I like most of the time
Things I still need to do:
1. TRAVEL!!!!!! (UK, Italy, Germany, Toronto, Alaska, The Netherlands)
2. Live in the country
Hmmm. . . not bad I guess. I'll never be rich and I'll never be famous. But. . . I'm pretty damn happy!!